I Am San Francisco: Black Past and Presence
City College of San Francisco Rosenberg Library
April 15 – October 2016 (Opening Reception: TBD)
This project will present visual art and commentary that celebrates and acknowledges the creativity and existence of native Black life in San Francisco through the perspective of its contributors.
Premiering at City College of San Francisco in April 2016, this is the second installment of two multi-media art exhibitions themed “I am San Francisco.” It will unfold with a short film, a print version, and a culminating event a collaboration between AVE and Reimagine! — a grassroots cooperative of writers, editors, artists and designers based in Oakland.
• Please respond by Tuesday, March 15th (I will be in Haiti 3/16-3/30 and hard to reach.)
What’s needed from each artist/participant:
Photos/Images (must be at least 4x6in and 300 dpi resolution)
• 1 high resolution photo of you in action (doing anything you choose)
• 1 high resolution photo of you
• Logo of your organization
• Artist’s bio and contact info
• Please submit the release form below…